Club Burwood Group
ClubsNSW deliver a range of services and representation that creates an environment for long-term sustainability, as well as strengthen industry conditions for the benefit of those working within the New South Wales club industry and the local communities they support.
As the New South Wales club industry’s peak representational body, ClubsNSW employs a team of 45 highly motivated and well-credentialed staff who together provide the skills and experience to contribute to both state and national policy direction and development for industry-specific legislation through to alcohol, gambling, taxation, and industrial relations, as well as actively lobby across a wide range of related issues for almost 1,400 member clubs.
Through its relationship with the national association, ClubsAustralia, ClubsNSW takes a direct role in managing federal issues. ClubsNSW has also fostered strong working relationships with affiliate industry organisations including Golf NSW, RSL & Services Clubs Association, Leagues Clubs Australia, Federation of Community, Sporting, and Workers Clubs, and Bowls NSW, whilst many of Australia’s leading companies provide valuable long-term support through corporate partnerships and industry support programs.
About the Club Industry
There are approximately 1,500 registered clubs in New South Wales and over 90% of these clubs are members of ClubsNSW. The Club Movement is much stronger and more widespread in NSW than in any other State in Australia and about 40% of club premises in Australia are found in NSW.
The membership of ClubsNSW is made up of:
• 34% bowling clubs
• 21% RSL / ex-services clubs
• 18% golf clubs
• 5% leagues / football clubs
• 2% community / workers clubs
• Approximately 19% other (including other sports, business, ethnic, religious and social clubs).
Of these clubs:
• 35% are located in metropolitan Sydney, with 65% in regional or rural areas
• Over 43,000 people are employed in clubs in NSW
• There are over 5.5 million club memberships held in NSW which is equivalent to one for each adult in NSW
• Many Australian entertainers owe their success to a start in their local club
• Club volunteers contribute over 6.3 million hours to their communities across NSW.
The Club Industry is a strong supporter of sport across the State:
• Sporting facilities maintained by the Club Industry include around 1,550 bowling greens, 366 golf courses, 163 playing fields, 80 gyms and 66 swimming pools.
• ClubsNSW, as the peak industry body of the Club Industry, is a major partner of the NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS), giving $1 million annually since 1995.
The top five benefits of club membership are:
• A great venue for socialising and meeting with friends
• Good quality meals and drinks provided at reasonable prices
• Good entertainment and events
• Sport and fitness facilities and support for sporting teams
• Pleasant and safe atmosphere.
For more information go to Clubs NSW www.clubsnsw.com.au